Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)


Alumni Association

How do I become a member of the UNG Alumni Association?

To become become a member, click here or call the Office of Alumni Relations at 706-864-1547.

What are the benefits of an Association Membership?

While networking with the University and with other alumni is the primary benefit of Alumni Association involvement, you are also provided various discounts, publications and many other benefits listed on our membership page.

Do legacy students, those with siblings, parents or grandparents that are alumni, get special consideration from Admissions?

There is no specific advantage to being a legacy from an Admissions perspective. Freshman admission is competitive based on GPA and test scores, but if families have specific concerns about admissions, the office can talk to them about the less competitive summer semester start option, transitioning, etc. 

If you are interested in taking a campus tour, the Admissions Officer of the Day can meet with them prior or following a scheduled tour to discuss their specific situations and counsel them on making the most competitive academic file possible and help guide them through the process. 


How can I schedule a tour of campus for an interested student?

You can sign up on the Admission's website for a tour.

How do I learn more about admissions at UNG?

Visit the Admission's website to learn more about Admissions and the services that they provide at the University of North Georgia.

Where can I find the names engraved on the Memorial Wall on the Dahlonega Campus?

The names of those engraved on the memorial wall can be found on the UNG Website.

I already graduated but need career help! Who do I call?

As an alumnus, you still have access to a majority of the services offered by Career Services. Details of services can be found on the Career Services website.

How do I get my official transcript?

Visit the Registrar's website and order online, or call the Registrar's Office at 706-864-1760.

Can I get a replacement  diploma?

Yes! Fill out this form and send back to the Office of the Registrar, Price Memorial Hall, Room 221, Dahlonega, GA 30533. The diploma replacement fee is $20 by check or money order.

What kind of services are available to me at the UNG libraries?

To view services, visit the UNG libraries borrowing policy page and computer access page.

How do I purchase a membership to the on-campus gym?

In both Dahlonega and Gainesville, alumni can purchase a membership to the Dahlonega Rec Center or Gainesville Fitness Center through the campus Continuing Education office. On all campuses, trails and sidewalks are open for walking or running.

I'm visiting campus; where can I park?

support ung

I want to donate to UNG. How do I make a donation?

Click here to donate securely online. If you prefer to mail a check, please make it payable to UNG Foundation and write were you would like the money to go to in the memo line (examples include area of greatest need, Corps of Cadets, Biology Dept., UNG Scholarship Fund, or a specific campus). All checks can be mailed to: UNG Foundation PO BOX 1599 Dahlonega, GA 30533. Thank you for your support!

I live in Georgia and would like to purchase a UNG license plate. How do I do that and what is the cost?

Visit your local tax commissioner's office tag office and request a UNG tag. View our plate details and pricing here.

Where do I buy UNG gear and merchandise?

You can visit the bookstore online or at any of their four campus locations.

Where can I view archives and old yearbooks online?

Visit the University of North Georgia Libraries Special Collections and Archives. They are always looking for more materials. If you have something you'd like to donate or loan, please contact librarian Allison Galloup at or 678-717-3656.


UNG Resources